Over a year after raising the salt level in our Koi pool to try and combat a white spot epidemic (which worked but killed all the vegetation in the pond) we’ve suffered with a huge amount of sludge in the pond. This led to a fortune being spent on filter membrane and 12 months on we were getting nowhere.
So on Friday the fish we caught and relocated to a temporary home while their pond was drained, scrubbed and refilled from scratch. We removed all the plants and washed them down before carefully placing everything back in the crystal clear water.
While emptying the pond we found a bonus of about 10 small Koi fry so hopefully in a year we’ll be back up to a healthy stocked pond.