So I picked one of these up last week when Amazon put it on the bargain sale price of £18 delivered, these prices shoot up and down and two days later it was back up to £24, the price it normally sells for.
It dint have too many great reviews to be honest but I’d already had enough of the cheap wired version my XBox slim came with so it was worth a shot for the price. Unfortunately the first one I received broke within two minutes, the ear loop connector was faulty and kept popping off. Amazon replaced it promptly and the second one was fine. Sound quality is surprisingly good although there is still a feeling of a badly fitted ear loop, its not overly comfortable for long periods.
Apart from the funny ear loops the other thing I’m not impressed with is the charger, its an OEM connector when it could so easily have been a ubiquitous mini or micro USB which means there’s another cable hanging around the house now.
Experience enhanced voice chat with the Xbox 360 Wireless Headset. Designed specifically to work seamlessly on your Xbox 360, this hands-free, wire-free headset employs the same technology as the award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Pair up both accessories for superior performance, freedom, and comfort. Use up to four Wireless Controllers and Wireless Headsetssimultaneously on one Xbox 360 for the most intense multiplayer gaming sessions ever.
- Experience enhanced clarity and performance without wires to tie you down
- Embrace the stylish, ergonomic design that fits comfortably on either ear, with two sizes of removable ear grips for a perfectly snug fit
- The headset utilises the same 2.4GHz radio technology employed by the award-winning Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for clear communications within a range of up to 30 feet
- Take command of the situation and communicate with superior audio quality over Xbox LIVE
- Up to eight hours of battery life per charge, with an AC wall adapter for quick, convenient recharging
- Outfit your teammates (or rivals) with up to four Wireless Controllers and Wireless Headsets simultaneously per Xbox 360 console
- Supports Voice Command for select games
- Conveniently located Power On/Off, Volume, and Mute Controls are right where you need them
On the whole I’d definitely recommend it at the £18 price point. The trouble I have is I play COD at night when the rest of the family have gone to bed, with this in one ear and TV turned down it was making it hard to hear anything so after a week of using it I bought some Turtle Beach X41’s instead, still its a handy backup!